American participants/ donors that choose to be part of the ITF projects will support a fundraising campaign for a project in one of our African branches, and when the campaign is successful, they will get an opportunity to travel to the specific country and be part of the project implementation.
The participants are expected to provide project administrative support alongside their counterparts at the local ITF office and have an option to contribute unskilled and skilled labor alongside projects benefiting community members.
In case those involved in the fundraising campaign are not available for the trip, the trip is awarded to young people from low-income communities (in the US) with a passion for international community development.
During the trip, the participant gets to be part of the project setup process, interacts with beneficiaries and enjoys a safari experience in one of the hosting country’s attractions sites. The trip is meant to expose the participant to a different environment and provide a unique cross-cultural experience that exceeds the normal tourist trip.
Describe your image
Describe your image
A trip duration, benefits and type are tailored to who is traveling and involved in fundraising. Currently we have four types of trips:
- Internship-like trip: A 4-to-8-week trip designed for high school, college, and university students when a project is directly sponsored or in partnership with their school. This trip can also be awarded to a young person (or a group of no more than 4) when a project sponsor is not available to travel, or the project is financed by a grant or any other unrestricted financing.
- Family/Friends Trip: A 1-to-4-week trip designed for family or a group of friends who successfully fundraise for a project.
- Partner Trip: A 3-to-7-day trip designed for a business or organization that is a financial partner. Generally, we ask all grant donors to send 1 person from their organization for the project launch.
- Faith inspired trip: A 1-to 4-week trip designed for faith organizations and individuals who successfully fundraise for a project. *ITF is not a religious/faith organization but does work with people from all faith without discrimination for the community development.
The general benefits per trip are below mentioned, for an extensive list of benefits per trip category please contact us:
· A unique cross-cultural experience,
· Do good adventure,
· Personal & Professional experience in community development project,
· Experience tourist attractions as a local.